Mission & Philosophy
To develop and nurture the whole child through Gospel Teachings encompassing the family and to academically enrich children as scholars guided by Diocesan Standards.
As a vibrant Catholic community comprised of diverse cultures united in friendship, we welcome and inspire all students to be faithful Disciples of Christ in their local communities and throughout the world.
Unified under the leadership of the Bishop of the Diocese of Las Cruces and guided by the local pastors and the diocesan superintendent.
Truly Catholic schools, recognizing Christ as the ever-present Teacher, spiritually forming parents, faculty and students.
Academically rigorous and innovative schools that set the standard for excellence.
Committed to the mission of the domestic church by partnering with and upholding parents and guardians in their role as the primary educators of their children.
Education of the Whole Person:
Seeing students in their wholeness as social beings, family members as well as career persons; and providing them with a high quality education that empowers them to achieve their potential and use their gifts to serve God and others.
Forming our students to be culturally aware and empathetic to the social, economic and political situations of our brothers and sisters in our local community and around the world.
Stewardship of God’s Educational Ministry:
Ensuring a vibrant, sustainable future for our school through continually increasing enrollment, unified support from our surrounding Catholic community and faithful management of resources.
Philosophy of Learning
- Our school affirms Catholic identity and instills deep-rooted spiritual values for our entire community.
- Education is geared toward the development of the whole child: spiritually, emotionally, physically, intellectually, and socially.
- We foster a structured and safe environment that encourages acceptance of each individual.
- We work in partnership with parents who are the primary educators of their children.
- Educators address the diversity of learners through differentiated instruction.
- Building on their fundamental knowledge, students are challenged to utilize higher order thinking skills.
- Active learners are empowered to think for themselves and take ownership of their learning.
- Our integrated curriculum challenges students to explore and apply concepts to become productive citizens in a global society.
FJBH School Pledge:
As a caring faith community at FJBH School, we agree to:
- Love one another
- Include everyone
- Respect the thoughts and feelings of others
- Admit our mistakes
- Forgive others
- Show compassion
- Play fairly
- Be problem-solvers
- Politely resolve our differences
- Treat everyone the way we want to be treated
- Try to do one kind act each day
- Try to follow Jesus in all we do
- Pray to our God for help